Thursday, June 13, 2013

QCA BOM Quilting Bee + others Update

Here are the June blocks I created:

Ruins of Jericho

Album Variation


The 'Album Variation' isn't the block assigned but the one that was assigned was paper piecing and I'm just not a huge fan of it. It really seems like a big waste of fabric to me. Probably because I'm not doing it right... but I dunno. What do you think?

I also completed 7 more blocks of the Sunshine and Marmalade quilt. There was a long period of not sewing due to me doing a favor for a family member. I always felt like I shouldn't be sewing because if I had energy I should be working on the favor. And therefore the other night I binge sewed! Stayed up way past my bedtime. In addition to the task of favor I have acquired a job - joy to the world!! It took me a very long time to get one and am so relieved and happy about where I'm working. It's so good for the mind to have a job, maybe this winter will be a better one. Fingers crossed!

And hopefully one of these days I'll make another row of the OCQ and also on my list is to fix my nephew's quilt.

Be well y'all and sew on!

-Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment