Monday, September 15, 2014

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

     It's only been a few months since I moved down south and when life happens we go with the flow. Right? Right.

    . I am supposed to be getting rid of fabric and other things in order to fit everything I own into 12 bins. Personal goal. So far I have three bins chuck full of material, projects started, ready to be quilted, and fabric in general. This doesn't include my machine, my tools, batting, books, ect....
     I decided to start a quilt before leaving to keep me busy and also use up some fabric. Flipping thru my patterns book, I'll show this later, I picked out an intermediate 60"x72" paper piecing project that requires 16 yards of fabric. Perfect!! Lots of fabric and practice doing paper piecing, something I hate. It's called Twilight by Faith Jones featured in Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting May/June 2013 issue.

     What I didn't realize was how intense it would be if not using a printer to make the foundations. I'm using parchment paper - therefore I had to iron the paper to take the curve out of it and then cut over 300 squares. Now the foundations have to be drawn on the paper. Lord knows how many hours have been put into this quilt so far and the fabric isn't even starched or cut!! My bestie was teasing me that any hobby that you spend 12 straight hours working on is no longer a hobby. We're not sure what it is but def not a hobby!

Thanks for stopping by!
Quilt on you lovely quilters!!!

Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment